Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Shinjuku Granbell Hotel

I cannot believe we took so few photos of our hotel room but here's one of them

I was telling Jiaqi that I found the blog I kept when I was still working at SMS, had too much free time on my hands and researched extensively about Japan LOL. Strangely enough, considering how much I gush about it in real life, there isn't a post about the hotel we stayed at. So here it is, a year or two late!

Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Nope, not Grandbell. Granbell. Because I guess the Japanese just have a really good grasp of English. But yeah literally the room we stayed in (but pic stolen off Google)

I cannot emphasize more on how much I love this place. I just know that if I ever go back to Japan, hands down and with no second thoughts I will choose to stay there again. The room is tiny, but functional, and boy is it clean. Like, speckless I kid you not.

Amenities
The view from our window one rainy morning
Finally a picture I took myself 

If my memory serves me, there were 4 or 5 power sockets, which is awesome for tourists. Which actually is quite meaningless if you only have 2 power adapters LOL Like my xiaogu and I had (yeah we could only use 2 of those 5 power sockets at once it was really stupid)

Had a water boiler (LOL WHAT IS THAT THING CALLED), a small fridge and a bathtub. I actually think the toilet was about half the size of the room LOL disproportionately big.

I think I should also mention, the window to the toilet is frosted glass. You better be close with your travel buddy LOL

Bunch of vending machines at the lobby too.

Location

About 10 minutes or less away from Higashi-Shinjuku Station, a station served by the Toei-Oedo Line (Purple!) and the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line (Brown!). One stop away from Shinjuku Station, and if you're really determined also walking distance from Shinjuku Station I guess.

Fun fact: The escalators at Higashi-Shinjuku only go up! When leaving Tokyo, find the elevator outside the Square Enix HQ.

Stuff nearby:
- 7-eleven (~5min)
- 24 Hour Cosmetics Shop Matsumoto Kiyoshi (~15/20min)
- Restaurants! Didn't try any though
- Coco Ichiban! (~5mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment